I recently came across a sub-Reddit called “First World Problems” where Redditors can submit short, pithy examples of the “struggles” they face in their day-to-day lives. The collected submissions are a weird mix of funny (on the surface) and sad (once you realise how many of these things you can relate to!)
Here are just a couple examples that hit home for me:
- I smelled a cigarette for 10 seconds while I was walking down the street today, and it was irritating.
- The gas station I was at didn’t have that thing on the handle so I had to hold it the whole time.
- I had too much food for lunch and now I’m tired.
- The pizza box is too large and awkwardly shaped for my garbage can.
- My book ran out of batteries.