The Mighty Sucks

Five Things That Will Probably Happen When I Play With My Old Rec Hockey Team For The First Time in Seven Years Tonight
1. I will very likely puke after my first shift.
2. I will likely suffer an injury of some sort, probably to my groin.
3. I will need a wheelchair to get around at work tomorrow.
4. I will do this
5. I will puke again at various points throughout the game.

As for Ottawa-based folks who've been writing, I think Sunday seems to be the consensus for getting together.  How does brunch sound?  Is there a good place in or near the Byward Market?  How does 11am sound?  Other suggestions for locations/times greatly accepted.

I vote for #4!!!
    Where are you playing, again?

Posted 03 Oct 2008 at 5:38 am

I don't know if I can join you, because my in-laws are in town, but I suggest Dim sum. Casual and easily accommates big groups. (I know how popular you are Jason!) The Yangtze on Sommerset, but be sure to arrive before 11 as it gets busy.
    Ella

Posted 03 Oct 2008 at 6:10 pm

You must absolutely try Sweetgrass Bistro (http://www.sweetgrassbistro.ca/) – food to die for! Another great place is African Palace on Rideau (http://www.ottawaxpress.ca/food/food.aspx?iIDArticle=3987) – cheap and delish. For the best Lebanese in the city try Shawarma Palace on Rideau Street. Yummy sushi at Kinki on the Market. Haveli for Indian in the Market. So many yummy memories! Have fun in Bytown!
    Sandra

Posted 03 Oct 2008 at 10:42 pm

Well, I didn't strip but I did play without a helmet when I realised right before going that I'd somehow managed to leave my helmet in Indian Head. So add “possibly get concussion” to that list but obviously (or not) I survived playing old-school style.
    Uhm, we were playing in Pilot Butte. 😉

Posted 04 Oct 2008 at 5:02 am

The latest is that it may be supper on Saturday night after I get in instead of brunch since a group of folks will be at the CASLIS meeting on Saturday already. I'm not sure where we'll end up but I'll post here as soon as I know.

Posted 04 Oct 2008 at 5:04 am

Not sure if you knew this or not but Chris suggested the Sweetgrass Bistro when I was going to Ottawa for CLA 2006. I went by one day but it happened to be closed.
    Thanks for the suggestions – that Shwarma place sounds awesome!

Posted 04 Oct 2008 at 5:07 am