- The Stanley Cup playoffs are heating up but it’s still the off season for some teams. The official Twitter accounts of the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Tampa Bay Lightning engaged in what is perhaps the world’s first game of Twitter Tac Toe!
- “Dad Jokes” are shorthand for lame jokes that inevitably get groans from those who hear them. A dad on Reddit does a great job of explaining why he makes dad jokes.
- One of the charges religious people occasionally make against atheists is that we somehow can’t enjoy the wonder of the world without having god in our lives. Scientists have recently discovered that the basis of human (and all animals’) heartbeat likely evolved from the motion of single cell organisms a *billion* years ago as a way for them to move around their environment. But yeah, campfire stories by nomadic goatherders two thousand years totally beats that! /sarcasm
- Maybe just me but I’ve noticed a real uptick in infographics showing the greatest X for different states, provinces and countries lately. Here’s one I came across that shows the biggest exports for countries around the world
- Textual analysis to find out who has the biggest vocabulary in hip hop
Yet Another Librarian's Blog