The Sask NDP’s convention is over and in just over a month, we’ll be having a federal election as well.
So moving from provincial to federal politics, here are a few interesting articles & sites I’ve come across:
- Three Hundred & Eight – a Canadian version of the popular US election forecasting site, Five Thirty Eight
- Globe & Mail’s 50 Ridings To Watch (though I’d say there’s definitely more than one race to watch in Saskatchewan!)
- Accidental Deliberations – the Regina Leader Post’s newest columnist is a long-time blogger covering politics from a progressive point of view.
- “Security and stability” – Harper channels Emperor Palpatine
- “It’s On Like Harper Kong” – MetaFilter weighs in on the upcoming Canadian election
- The CBC Federal Election Clearing House
- CBC Vote Compass – answer questions and find out who you should vote for (Shhh – don’t tell anyone but I got the Greens!)
- …and a master guide to the answers they’re using behind the scene to determine where you fit.
- Election Almanac – find candidates in any riding across the country
- How’d They Vote? – a resource to see your MP’s voting history
- PoliTwitter – all federal MP’s Twitter feeds gathered in one place along with content from other social media sites including Facebook, Flickr, YouTube and more. Especially cool as the site lets you sort by number of followers and various other criteria.
- The Harper Hit List of various individuals and organizations he’s fired, pressured or cutting funding to