The Impossible Quiz

If you like riddles, puzzles, jokes and brain teasers, this is the most addictive and/or infuriating quiz I've ever seen.

How bad is it?  Through repeated trial and error, I got to question 15 before giving up completely (there are 110 questions).  Then, when I had the answers, I still couldn't finish it!  I'll post them sometime in the next few days.  (Please don't harm yourself before then!)

Note: The game will take a bit of time to load but is worth it.

man. that's annoying!
    thanks for giving me something else to waste my time….
    I got to 45 before I threw the computer out the window.

Posted 28 Feb 2007 at 6:37 pm

I retrieved the computer from outside, and tried again.
    I made it to 66, and then threw it away again.
    Stupid quiz.

Posted 28 Feb 2007 at 8:00 pm

You either have a far superior intellect or far more patience than I do. (I'm picking the “brains” one.)
    How'd you figure out the horse one? That stymied me because I was in this little box of “you have to pick the one letter that signifies horse” and I wasn't going to click through to that point 26 (divided by three lives per game) to try them all.

Posted 28 Feb 2007 at 9:08 pm

yeah. I originally thought that it would be one letter to mean horse too, but I got lucky and tried the “h” pretty early on. It's only question 15 so it didn't take THAT long to loop around to do it again…but I was close to tossing the thing out the window at that point, too.
    new day…maybe I'll try again for a while, and see where I get….
    where did you find the answers?

Posted 01 Mar 2007 at 2:06 pm

Pointer to the quiz plus discussion and answers at my usual haunt, MetaFilter: http://www.metafilter.com/59012/Im-sorry-to-do-this-to-you#1604780
    I don't mind really hard brain quizzes but some of the answers just seemed nonsensical. For instance, someone on the MF thread was discussing the “elephant” answer to “This is really big” question.
    One theory is that it's a reference to an obscure Internet hoax about a woman on “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” who guessed an elephant was bigger than the moon on her very first question.
    Another person thought the key was the word “really” in that an elephant is “real” while the other choices (“REALLY BIG”, etc.) were not.
    So anyhow, my lesson is that I need to work on my patience a bit more. Also, that game designers who don't let you save, say at least every 5 or 10 correct answers, are jerks.

Posted 01 Mar 2007 at 5:00 pm

In my attempt to be as anal as possible, I'm going to re-post comments made to my syndicated Facebook blog posts on here as well.
    This is from Mark Polishuk:
    “God, this is frustrating. I've made it up to about 32, but that's after a load of restarts.”

Posted 03 Mar 2007 at 4:39 am