My Personality Type

ENFP –  “Journalist”. Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.

Free Jung Word Choice Test (similar to MBTI)
personality tests by similarminds.com

Extroverted (E) 83.33% Introverted (I) 16.67%
Intuitive (N) 79.17% Sensing (S) 20.83%
Feeling (F) 83.33% Thinking (T) 16.67%
Perceiving (P) 58.33% Judging (J) 41.67%

(via Amy On The Web)

I always suspected I should be across the hall with the journalists rather than hanging out with the librarians.

I'll always remember one of the in-depth (ie. not Myers-Briggs) work aptitude tests I did in Grade 12 prior to going to University.  My top result?  Hospital Administrator which probably isn't too far off library administrator when you think about it.  Even better is that my two lowest ranked results were farmer and nurse – my parents' two occupations!

Here's my comment in the spirit of de-lurking week. These types of tests always drove me crazy… they were either insanely obvious (I'm an introvert, quel surprise) or way off the mark. One work aptitude test listed fighter pilot near the topof my results … could have been an interesting alternative to librarian though, I suppose.

Posted 14 Jan 2007 at 1:41 am

Heh, fine Jason, leave us, join the journalists, just make sure you do lots of stories about libraries.
    I'm stealing this, I'll bet it will say “Librarian, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200… “

Posted 14 Jan 2007 at 5:22 am

Jason how R U?
    I enjoyed very much reading and seeing the photos about your trip to the fred picnic. I'll be cathcing a few local shows in the upcoming weeks and am very excited about it. my wife and I are fred heads, and although we would never think of climbing up on stage with him, my wife does bake him oatmeal cookies.
    Anyway, I took a big tour of your website, even saw the list of links to guitar tab sites, but i have not found your comprehensive list of fred lyrics and tabs. i remember it as being quite good and wanted to revisit as my wife has a mandolin now and i want to get her off to a good start so we can play together.
    please lt me know where this page is as I have misplaced the url.
    Happy New Year!
    Andy

Posted 14 Jan 2007 at 7:44 pm

Hey Becca,
    Oh, I'm totally with you on the obviousness of most of these tests. The main thing I like is seeing the careers it recommends based on your results and how appropriate (or inappropriate as your fighter pilot example illustrates) they seem. I mean, “writer” comes up on my list but I think of that as a much more introverted profession. Or better, that it's a profession you can't classify based on extroverted/introverted. Maybe the INFP's get that career too and it's based on the other three criteria. I don't know – I'm rambling so I'll just finish off by saying “thanks for delurking!”
    I heard other classes did the Myers-Briggs in 506 so if we had to, I was going to try and give the exact opposite answers to see what I got. (I did the Myers Briggs once before and think I got EFNP or something. Or are the letters slightly different for this one

Posted 16 Jan 2007 at 10:49 am

The infamous Mark Foley scandal (LIS532 version) is the reason I'll never join the journalists – don't worry about it!

Posted 16 Jan 2007 at 10:50 am

Hey Andy,
    Good to hear from you! If you click to the guitar tab page from the “Four Strong Winds” icon over there —->
    then click on “Tab” under “Fred Eaglesmith”, you'll see the collection of tabs and lyrics. It's probably a little confusing because I have a heading for lyrics but never separated out just the lyrics and left them with the guitar tab section.
    Here's the direct link to the page you want:

Posted 16 Jan 2007 at 10:53 am

Hmm, I didn't word that very well so it's probably even more confusing! I meant that I never set-up one section for lyrics and a different section for guitar tabs even though that's what the headings would indicate I intend(ed) to do. But since the guitar tabs (mostly) have complete lyrics, I just left it as an all-in-one. Note to self: change heading to “Lyrics & Tabs”.

Posted 16 Jan 2007 at 10:55 am