Just Another -40 Saskatchewan Day

These intrepid youths, standing outside the SaskPower building, show what happens when you throw boiling water in the air when the temperature is -40 (as it is today…hmm, that gives me an idea!)

Here's the Alaskan version.

And that Jason, is why I live in Ontario, despite it all. πŸ˜›

Posted 11 Jan 2007 at 4:28 pm

What is this cold you speak of? To be honest, I think the coldest weather I've experienced was -20ish when we lived in Montreal. I can't quite conceive of -40. Though my friend Joyce lived in Red Lake, Ontario (2 hrs north of Dryden) and it was -40 for weeks on end. When it went “up” to -15 her kids begged to take off their mitts and hats cause it was so “warm”.
    at least you have Shea & her heater tummy & Oscar to keep you warm…awwww!

Posted 12 Jan 2007 at 2:07 am

Yeah, that SW Ontario weather wasn't so bad after all!

Posted 12 Jan 2007 at 5:08 am

We have extra bedrooms. You can come visit next January if you want!
    I completely understand the “it's -15 and that's warm” response.
    Oh, and I'm legally required to say “Yes, but it's a dry cold” as if that explains how any human being is supposed to survive this Hoth-like ice land I call home.

Posted 12 Jan 2007 at 5:13 am

Oh. My. God.
    Okay, I suppose I should stop complaining about the snow and freezing -7 temperatures we've been suffering of late…even if this is a *wet* cold. πŸ™‚
    You know, that video does look kind of fun. Somehow I don't think cool things like that really make up for having to live with such temperatures, but…at least you can make people ooh and aah from afar!

Posted 12 Jan 2007 at 4:29 pm

The cold sucks but I wouldn't trade it for the weather that Vancouver's had for the past few months – floods, blizzards, fires, etc. It's like the apocalypse out there!

Posted 13 Jan 2007 at 10:23 am