Ways That Little London Is Like Big London

It rains all the time.  (Sorry, but that's all I've got here…)

this has got to have been one of the shittiest grey days ever…for me anyway. i feel like today's weather has invaded my body.
    and I always fret about whether it ought to be grey…or gray…
    on a day like today, it's DARK and grey seems darker than gray.
    rain rain go away…i need SUNSHINE

Posted 17 Oct 2006 at 11:50 pm

Yeah, it didn't help that I had to go up to SH for my class. Then run around trying to put up posters for the Lunch Bucket everywhere (and get shot down most places unless I paid the fee to post on their boards. Weldon let me put one up on their board by the checkouts but the one I put up by the elevator on the main floor was gone by the time I came back down!) Then run to the library to return overdue books. Then rush in the downpour to catch a bus (one bright spot – it stopped just as it started to pull away. I honestly thought he wouldn't.) And then trying to deal with some other council related crap when I got home. Yeah, shitty day indeed.

Posted 18 Oct 2006 at 12:44 am

I love how your keyword for this one is Ontario not weather, rain, etc. I smell western conspiracy:) Just to offer the alternative perspective, I love to run in the rain.

Posted 18 Oct 2006 at 1:32 am

Could be worse. It could be snow.

Posted 18 Oct 2006 at 3:11 am

This program makes it a bit of a pain to scroll through selecting tags if you have a lot (I'd love to have a delicious-like interface!) Plus I was hoping that my need for “weather” tags will be limited. Of course, I'm going back to Saskatchewan so…okay, I'll add the tag.

Posted 18 Oct 2006 at 3:39 am

Right on Barb, and Little London is like Big London, in that stepping out into the street in both cities, is taking your life into your hands…I've nearly been taken out in both versions of the city.

Posted 18 Oct 2006 at 9:51 pm

Several people from here are in neither your London nor the other London…
    …it's a stretch…but you know, you *did* challenge folks to see how many comments they'd put on a one-line entry…

Posted 19 Oct 2006 at 1:33 am

Well, it was more of a rhetorical question but I'll take the comments anyway I can get them.
    MetaFilter just had a post that said “in any web community, 90% of people are lurkers, 9% account for a little of the activity and 1% account for the vast majority of the posts.” Based on my traffic stats, I'd think that probably 98% of the people here are lurkers, 1% post a bit and 1% post a lot! (I'm still trying to figure out how many profs are reading this blog anonymously every day! Time to search for UWO IP addresses in the logs.)

Posted 19 Oct 2006 at 7:03 pm