Super Mega Trivia Update

Went to week two of Student Council trivia and once again, came out on top in the first round then promptly hit bust for the next two rounds.  I'm hoping my mega-mentee from last term follows through on her promise to keep regular ongoing cumulative stats on her blog (or at least update it more than once a week!) as it's become a competition to the death for us (not really.)  Her team beat us narrowly last week and this week, it went to a lightning round where her “Aretha Franklin” trumped our “Tina Turner” to break a tie.  (I missed an earlier bonus round question where the answer was John Lennon as well.  Argh!)

If you're reading this and haven't been to Trivia Night, you should think about coming out next week.  They have three rounds of twenty questions with a $5 Grad Club gift certificate for the winner of each round then a $10 gift certificate for the ultimate winner for the entire night.  (Although there was a lingering sentiment that we shouldn't promote the night too much so each of the three teams are still guaranteed to win a prize each round.  Being librarians, we tend to share the three gift certificates equally no matter who wins!)

EDIT: Classmate of the Day goes to Kathleen “Reach for the Top” Crowley who totally kicked my ass at Trivia and is my mental and trivial superior in every way, shape and form (although I still swear you only got that one answer because you overheard me say it at my table first! )

I don't get “classmate of the day” for kicking your ass two weeks in a row?
    I will start doing stats on my blog…but I don't remember how we did last week. how many points did you (and me, for that matter) get last week?
    You'll notice I managed not to post my whole name this time…

Posted 12 Oct 2006 at 5:01 am

I'm not sure how many points I got last week or, this week for that matter (one less than you guys I guess.) Uhm, last week – first round was maybe 13? Second round was 10? Third round was like 2? (er, 8?) I think you guys beat us by 5 (?) last week so if you know what you got then, just go from there. Or make up a number. Which is what I'm doing. If it's not obvious. Also, I like sentence fragments.

Posted 12 Oct 2006 at 5:09 am

Wow. that was prompt.
    sarcastic, but prompt.
    I'll take it though.
    and you'll be happy to know that I'm updating….

Posted 12 Oct 2006 at 5:10 am

We aims to please our loyal readers. Who knows what else people could request on this blog and get? (Of course, after that “baby belly” picture a few entries ago, what's left?) I expect to see even more sarcasm dripping on your blog when I visit it in…three…two…one! (Oops, not updated yet.) Er, when I come to visit it tomorrow morning (aka “afternoon” to people who keep normal hours in this life.)

Posted 12 Oct 2006 at 5:20 am

J,
    They might have won the sudden death round, but good times were had by all. I'm sure you'll have better luck next week, and if I have the chance to be your partner again, I'm sure we will come out on top, oh yes we'll be “reaching for the top”.

Posted 12 Oct 2006 at 1:34 pm

Go figure with a memory for useless things you would think I would do better at trivia. To help settle the score: Week 1: Jolene's team (23), Jason's team (29), Kath's team (34) or something close to that. Week 2: Jolene's team (30.5). Jason's team (31), Kath's team (32) hope this helps. For all those reading, if you want to be on the losing team you need me as a member, however Marco and I pulled off a win in round 3. WOOHOO, gotta love $5.

Posted 12 Oct 2006 at 11:19 pm

Thanks for the update. Did you send this to Kath? She's the “keeper of the score”.

Posted 13 Oct 2006 at 9:40 pm

Hey Jeremie,
    Rather than stick to one team, my strategy so far has been to be a moving target at the trivia nights as part of a different team each week. (Sure, it hasn't worked yet but I talked to someone who might be a “secret weapon” for me next week!)
    But anyhow, I'll see you there next week and we'll see how the teams shake down then. If we do end up on the same team, I'm sure we'll definitely be a force to reckon with!

Posted 13 Oct 2006 at 11:11 pm