Librarians Gone Wild

A big group of us went out to Call The Office for Retro Night last night and had a blast.  There was no flashing as alluded to the in the title of this post but breasts did play a role in the evening – first, in the discussion that happened at Holly's before the party where all of the females present discussed various aspects of breasts that had Jean-Marc and I saying “Uhm, how 'bout them Oilers?”

Then, at the bar, right after we got there, I had my man-boob tweaked by a guy passing by.  “What the hell?” I thought, realising what women probably feel like at the bar all the time being groped and treated like an object.  Later, the guy explained that he thought I was his buddy and that's why he did it.  Funny enough, I had seen his friend when we first got there and thought “wow – that guy really looks like me!”

I don't remember the breast discussion, and it sounds like that may be a good thing. Sorry, guys!
    But I DO remember the Mohawk! ha ha.
    And running into your 'twin' was funny. Did he explain why his friend went around grabbing chests?

Posted 23 May 2006 at 7:23 pm

Hey there,
    At first, I thought the guy grabbed my chest because we'd lucked into a table that he was waiting for so this was his way to (literally) tweak me. But after he told me that he mistook me for his buddy as he walked by, I assumed that his boob grab was some sort of jokey/locker room frat-type thing. But we didn't get into an involved discussion of the incident so I'd know for sure.
    Oh yeah – Mohawk guy. You were *so* happy when I called him over. And I still have a cut in my finger from touching the spikes – sharp!

Posted 23 May 2006 at 11:27 pm

…you've grown moobs since moving Central? Oh. Right. The poutine thing…

Posted 24 May 2006 at 7:42 pm

They're “A” cups but they're there. (I am not a doctor but I thought that technically, all men had boobs?)
    J.

Posted 25 May 2006 at 2:12 am

I'm not a doctor either, but I do know that with a breast pump and determination, rumour has it that men can nurse the babies. That being said, men have *mammary glands*, but they're not really supposed to have *moobs*.
    Then again, I'm *supposed* to be able to see my feet, so there's something wonky going on with the boobs in this world.

Posted 26 May 2006 at 4:50 pm

Man, were you always this contrarian? It seems like every second comment you post lately is taking issue with something I write: “White Avenue is Copperhead Road”, “Men don't have breasts.” What's next – telling me I'm not in library school the next time I post about one of my classes?
    Anyhow, men *do* have breasts although they don't tend to be as obvious as those belonging to women.
    From the ultimate arbiter of these things, Wikipedia:
    “The term breast, also known by the Latin mamma in anatomy, refers to the upper ventral region of an animal's torso, particularly that of mammals, including human beings. In addition, the breasts are parts of a female mammal's body which contain the organs that secrete milk used to feed infants. This article focuses on human female breasts, but it should be noted that male humans also have breasts (although usually less prominent) that are structurally identical and homologous to the female, as they develop embryologically from the same tissues.”

Posted 28 May 2006 at 4:23 pm